S. OR camp/trail run. Sep 19-21

Guest Adam N.D.J.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dunno what the fire season is going to look like then, might not have an actual fire, we've got a bbq pit that we carry to put a fire in for food.

I'm kinda running into a bit of a snag right now with the Brat, I only got a few weeks to go, and I've hit rock bottom on my budget and still have quite a bit to do. I'm trying to get a job right now, but need to make some quick cash, so I'm looking for any jobs that I can do real quick like right now. If you hear of sumpin that can afford me a quick buck (need something in the area of 2-3 hundred to finish everything up). Mechanical, construction, general labor, I'm open at the moment.

I'm sorry to hear that. I will keep my ear to the ground for ya, and if any thing comes up I will let U know. What do U need in the way of parts? I can keep an eye out for those too. I just got a magazine (Kit Car) that tells how to make your'e oun drive shafts.

Well, I got a job working for my new step-dad, it's pretty kewl, he owns a carwash, so I get to go out there and maintain it. So if all goes well, I'll be up and running. I got a lot of stuff knocked out today, like the radiator mountings, and the front clip mounts, and a bunch of other stuff. I'll prolly end up getting everything done right as we're ready to roll out. Oh well, working on a deadline, it'll be like in Monster Garage, or American Chopper/Hotrod.

Alrighty, things are definatly lookin up now. Got the rear driveline made up today, gotta get it balanced still. Brakes are done, as well as some of the mounting that needed to get done. So looks like I'll have it done with enough time to test run it. Also definatly got a route planned out. Looks like we'll prolly be meeting up in Rogue River on Friday, as the campsite is out in the Wimer area. :banana:

I'll be in your neck of the woods by Thursday Afternoon. If you need to bust out some last minute repairs, you'll have an extra hand on Thursday.

I did some work to my rig as well. Welded a rear diff, got some welding done to my brushguard, did some re-wiring and also got a roof rack (need to fabricate and install it still).

Im still amped. I have the vacation time requested, still have to make sure its confirmed.

-Brian

Ohkay, was wondering if everyone has a CB in their rig? It's a good thing to have one jes in case, you know, when you have one, you'll never need it, but when you don't, whoo boy. I've jes got a cheap 20 dollar one in the Brat, but it works jes fine, and has a pretty good range, doesn't have to be real fancy.

I don't have a CB any more:eek: I have been using FRS raidos for "car to car" for 2 years now. I have 2 of them. I was thinking of getting 1 or 2 more. But if I need to I can get a CB and put it in for the trip.

Brian, where are U whith this? It's a good point, "car to car" is VERY nice for trips like this.

Ohkay, here's an area map of where we're going. I've been out in this area tonnes of times, so I know it really well. The trails don't look like much from this map, but it'll give you a good idea of what we're working with here. At the bottom you can see I-5, to the far left bottom corner is Grants Pass, and the center bottom where I-5 pops into the map for a second is Rogue River, the campsite and day area's are layed out there. Hope this isn't too big, it's been resized, there is a bigger one in my gallery on the usmb.

areamap.sized.jpg

These are USGS maps, and are pretty good, jes go to usgs.gov

Here's the bigger version Bigger map

I don't have any of those little handheld radio's, they seemed to be quite the fad in Egypt, so I opted out of getting them (I tend to stray away from the beaten path). Thanks for the reminder Bri, I still have to do some lighting and radio action on my rig, I'm trying to decide whether I want to go with rollbar, or without, if I decide to put it in, it'll have to be last minute cause the Brat don't fit in the carport with it in there :-\

Im gonna have to wait a week to get my CB. Hope to have it wired before the trip. If not, i'll have it in a box and can wire it when I get there.

Tony, do you have any tips for tuning an antenna for a CB? I have a 42" whip in the garage, and want to mount it to the center of my wagon. Heard thats the best place.

-Brian

Yup, as close to the center of your rig as U can get. and as high up as U can get. U will need an SWR meeter to tune the antana to the radio, any CB shop can do it for ya( a lot of truck stops too) and they usaly don't charge more than $10. Check with any friends that play with CB's and see if they have an SWR meeter. I sold mine years ago:(