Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I understand there is an Offroad section and a Racing section on this forum but I am targeting this area as you're the Legacy drivers and I'm bound to get more people seeing this here.

If the mod's wish for it to be moved, sorry for misplacing it.

I've raced old 83 wagons in an offroad event for a few years and no matter how much we beef them up they only last a few weekends. We need more power and more strength. Logically the answer in my mind is Legacy (Liberty). I am just wondering if anyone here has put a Legacy threw as much punishment as I have put my old 83 wagons threw? Or perhaps anything near as much punishment? How did it take it, where has it broken or bent?

Here is a youtube playlist of my racing.

Thank you,

Phiz

I haven't done any racing with these but the chassis is very similar to the Impreza, just a bit longer.

Check on DirtyImpreza in their racing and offroad sections, lots of guys there that rally race and do some pretty serious off-roading.

As for weak points, the places I've read about are where the crossmembers and trailing arms meet the floor pan in the back. I've read about the floor pan tearing in those places but that was on rigs that were doing serious offroad and trail / rock climbing.