Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I saw a 95 legacy wagon automatic for sale. @ $2500 it said it had low miles ,, like 20k.

I called Found out its actually 200k.

The body is nice, no rust. No damage. interior looks nice from what I can tell. Power everything.

The guy dropped the price over the phone to 1800.

Guy said it has 2 new front tires and 2 new axles. He did say it has some torque bind, but that's not what he called it.

Just that when you did a hard turn that it made a noise.

Worth it ?

In Feb. 2011 we paid $2.200 for my son's '95 Legacy S, automatic AWD. At the time it had I think around 149k miles. If everything works (my son's AC did not, got it repaired 2 years ago) and it's in very good shape it's in the ballpark I guess, maybe a little high. A plus for that year is the 2.2 engine. 

Edited by Stelcom66

$1200 because of the transmission (torque bind) problem and the mileage.

Needs two more tires and a $500 clutch pack to fix the bind.

I sold my 95 LS auto wagon in near perfect shape, great tires, new brakes, absolutely no rust, no torque bind, 180k miles, for $2100 a few years ago.

Wait for a better deal. it's not outrageous, but with some patience and a little negotiation, you can get great deals via craigslist etc. Especially if you buy one needing repair. I got my current 2000 Outback for $350. in need of a trans and clutch. Found a used trans for $100. on craigslist, bought a new clutch disc and have an awesome runner for about $500 and a days worth of wrenching.

Deals come along and are worth waiting for. With 200k and torque bind it sounds more like a $1000 car.

Edited by AdventureSubaru