Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1996 OBS Suspension Issues/Questions

I have some pics with rough measurements of free length and top and bottom diameter measurements of my 06 WRX WAGON OEM springs if that would help.

pm me with an e-addy that can receive large-ish pics (2.5M each)

otherwise I cannot answer the question. maybe that suspension thread at NASIOC has some guidance.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

I've been on di, nasioc, and rs25 besides here. Asked on DI about it but no response yet. I did find that some newer springs will fit and vice a versa but it seems the 05/06 are a mystery no one has tried.

Those measurements would be a help. Specifically the circumfrance.

Thanks

Should bolt in fine, nothing much changed until about 07.

Probably will need to use your top hats. Those get swapped all the time.

Front mounts are the same. Legacy, Impreza, forester all use the same front mount for years.

I was hoping to use those top hats. :(  I guess I can get the Monroe ones from Amazon for $25/each.  Bluntly I'm trying to do the struts as cheap as possible since most of the money is going to go into the engine.  I can deal with a rough ride (although I know it's reaking hell on my suspension/steering) but if it won't go then there's no point to struts. lol

Yeah, I was thinking about it all wrong. I know the struts are bad and assumed the top hats are. But I probably won't know what else is wrong until I get the struts replaced.

I think this is one of those cars I need to take it one step at a time. Unlike my Durango the guy didn't seem to care about this car. I don't know what I might find next because the guy did work just here and there partially doing things but not doing anything fully.

Edited by lstevens76