Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My dog was in my 2012 Impreza Hatchback 2.0l yesterday and a pretty serious thunderstorm rolled through. I was doing some plumbing work in my friend's basement and only heard a couple rumbles. I guess it was pretty serious, though. This was the aftermath.

bhEGzUv.jpg

Any thoughts on my options for seat repair? The damage seems pretty isolated to the main seat cushion... would it be possible to cut the damaged area out, insert new foam, and reupholster? If so, any ideas on where to get interior fabric?

I know 2012 Imprezas introduced the electrostatic detection system for the airbag. Does that seriously limit my options of going to a junkyard and seeing if I could find a compatible seat? 

Edited by tadwollop

Occupant detection only affects the passenger seat, so you're good there.

Any upholstery shop can fix that, and probably cheaper than you think.

The last one I had done was several years ago, I got a side bolster repaired on a leather seat. They put in a new section of foam and replaced the side section of the leather. About $100. Although they did use a "pleather" vinyl leather lookalike.

Regular upholstery tends to be less expensive. Overall cost will depend where you take it and how the market is in your area.

Look in the phonebook for auto upholstery.