Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from Norway!

Just registered on the forum.

Just wanted to say hi to you guys in here!

I must admit that I currently do not own a Subaru,but I've had a 86 1800 GL Wagon 4wd and a 84 E-10 van 4wd. And besides,my father used to own a 89 Brat,or MV,as it's called in Europe.

Today I drive a Chevy Blazer,and a Mazda 323.The latter is starting to rust apart now,and I hope to find a nice Subaru 1800 Turbo 4wd wagon,when it has to be replaced.

Love to hear from you.

Erik

Norway.

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

Bluesoob: You're norwegian is great! (Better than my english anyway).

I live in south-eastern Norway,in a small town called Gjovik.(Pronounced "yo-wick") There are about 25000 inhabitants here. We actually have a Subaru-dealer,by the way.

I work in norway's biggest telecom-company.My job there is on a landline-and-internet-support-number.

Here is a link to the official norwegian Subarupage: www.subaru.no

Do you have the Subaru Justy in the states anymore? I know you had that model in the 80's, but the new model is actually kinda cute ;) It's called The Justy G3X here.

I'll try to get som pics of my previous Subarus soon.

Guess yo've probably never seen a E-10 van? ? ?

sincerely,

Erik E

Welcome to the board. It's great to be getting more and more international people here (Although it's a constant reminder of the cool stuff we miss out on in the states:-p ).

Wow, subaru made a van aside from the old 360??!!! I gotta see this!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Erik. This board is a superb place to be, lots of real nice knowlegable people. Not very many European members however, which is a pity.

I like your choice of car. My friend has one---it is very fast, and very useful.

Mine was non turbo 1.8 wagon, dual range. I dont know if the turbo comes dual range. Much better offroad than my 95 Legacy wagon------its too low.

Hope you enjoy this forum. Good luck with your searching.

John

I've attached a couple of pics of my old E-10 van here.

As I said,I do not own it anymore.Breaks my heart to say it...

It was the best looking E-10 I've ever seen.

Some specs:

1984 model

998 ccm

3 Cylindres

52 hp

0-60....18-20 seconds?

Top speed : about 85 mph

5-speed manual tranny

Manual 4wd.Push-button on dashboard

Originally 2 seats and a metal wall between the front cabin and the rear,but I cut it out and put in two more front seats in the back,so I guess I had the only 4-seater ever...;)

Also mounted a Kenwood cdplayer and speakers in it.

There was also a 6-seater-model (not sold in Norway),with foldable and removable seats in the back.Separate heater for the passengers in the back+++

You could even get the E-12 model here.It had the same 1.2 liter as americans may recognize from the Justy. A little more power,but I don't think the difference is that big.

Anyway,I loved my E-10,don't know why I sold it really.They are pretty rare nowadays.

They are actually very fun to drive.52 hp is not much,but Subaru have managed to make the engine spunky enough,I think. They should have put in power steering,though.

Feel free to send me a mail if you guys wonder about anything else...

Funny looking vehicle,isn't it ?

post-4571-136027593623_thumb.jpg

post-4571-136027593633_thumb.jpg

I'm 1/4 norweigan but don't speak any :P

last name is Mikelson, used to be Mikkelsen (i think) before they got off the boat :P

Cool! Mikkelsen is a very common norwegian sirname. Also Mikkel,which is used as a given name.

Welcome to the board. It's great to be getting more and more international people here (Although it's a constant reminder of the cool stuff we miss out on in the states:-p ).

Wow, subaru made a van aside from the old 360??!!! I gotta see this!

Have you looked at my pictures of the E-10 yet? Cool ??

You say you miss out cool stuff in the States? I would say it's the other way around :)

You won't believe the car and gas prices we have here.Horrible..

That is also why we have smaller engines in the same cars over here.

For instance Subaru Impreza with a 1.6 liter.I can promise you,that is one boring car to drive...

When visiting your country last year,I saw a lot of 2.5 Imprezas.Never seen one over here...