Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I stumbled across this today. Third row seats for 1995-2004 Legacy and Outback wagons.

I'm not really sure I'd want to be in the back if the car was rear-ended and I would have to think you'd want to install stiffer rear springs. But if you really need more seats, and you love the Subaru you already have, this is apparently an option.

554398_577024198993031_764789186_n.jpg?o

Edited by jmoss5723

Three seatbelted positions. That's a mite optimistic...

Their website only really shows pictures of kids in the seats. Which makes sense based on leg room anyways. I'd bet you could get three 5 year-old kids across there. But yes, 3 people of anywhere near average size would be VERY tight, if possible at all.

It seems that their target market is families who have more kids than they have seats in the car, not adults who want to carpool more colleagues to work.

And I thought of another reason I'm not too keen on these aside form being crushed in a rear-end collision. You can't get yourself out! In the event of an accident, fire, car-jacking, or even a wasp in the car, you have to wait for someone to open the hatch. No thanks!

Edited by jmoss5723