Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Repair shops in Bellevue or Seattle

Guest pm128

Hi , I have an 86gl-10 turbo and the front left suspension makes a thunking noise ( with a little squeek) , when driving about 40ish and slightly turning the wheel to the right. I think it might be an a-arm bushing, or a mount of some sort going bad, I recently replaced the halfshaft so I'm certain it's not that. Well I got two questions: first does the symptom sound familiar to anyone, if so what is it and how easy and fix.

Second, since this is my first subu and I'm a little short on time. Does anyone have any good, as in inexpensive honest, repair shops in Seattle or Bellevue?

Thanks

Peter

Guest Ratty2Subaru

Well, I am in mountlake terrace, I dont have an official shop, but I do have a lot of experience with repairing cars, Subarus in specific, and I could probably help you out, cheaper than a shop would ever do work for ;)

give me a call, 206-910-0179

I have just recently finished rebuilding an ea82 longblock for a "customer", and it was a success! :lol:

Guest calebz

I don't know about inexpensive, but Austin <em>is </em>honest.

Thats about the most desirable you can find in a mechanic.. also happens to be the one that the least mechanics have...

Guest Ratty2Subaru

:cool:

well, we just pulled the brat motor today, in about 2.5 hours! (cause we had to remove the old AC stuff, which for some reason was still compressed!) :eek:

wish we could have saved all that R12!!! :(

I am trying to figure out if I could get enough busness fixin up cars to see if I could actually open up a shop..?

thanks guys! (Dont worry Ed, if they find a good shop, go for it.. I am havin trouble finding parking out here!! :lol::lol: )