Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is it possible get 2015 outback with an invoice price? current price is $24484.0

Subaru outback is a top model in the Consumer report. For me, the only shortcoming is the firm price... My preferred model is 2015 outback 2.5i, the best price I got is $24484. The dealer said they can not provide more discounts.

I check some shared prices in autopriceshare.com. These prices are around invoice price. it seems my current price is not bad. I am living in Seattle. If any friends just got a better price, let me know and I am appreciated with that.
Edited by uberlife

- CR offers a 'buying service' to get invoice prices...but still depends on the dealer.

- Costco offers a buying service too.

- Contact Joe Spitz from Cars101.com. He deserves the business for keeping his site updated...but not sure about his pricing.

- OBs seem to be pretty 'hot' right now....Same thing happened to me when I bought my RAV4...it  was popular...and I got no deal.

TD

have you tried overstock.com and truecar.com?

just for comparison i got some price quotes on overstock.com for a Subaru Outback 2.5i in my area...I'm So Cal so there are quite a few dealers close by so theoretically there would be competition on the prices, and I'm getting 24965.

Edited by dirtdogs

I have bought most of my new cars through a local Leasing company.

How this works is that you sign a leasing- agreement; the leasing period is essentially zero, with immediate delivery and ownership, with full warranty in effect.

The Leasing company orders the car from a local Subaru dealership, with whom they have an arrangement.

You pay the total up-front (or borrow what you need); my present Subaru was $300 over list + dealer prep & taxes.

My local Subaru dealership hates this arrangement (I gave them the option of matching the price but they would not).

• 4 weeks later...