Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WTB: Gen 1 Brat Driver Taillight Lens, Passenger Side Mirror, Carpet

I'm in need of a hood latch, passenger side view mirror and carpet (any color) for my 78 Brat. Located in Odenville, AL zipcode 35120

Could also use the following parts, although not a priority:

tailgate

spare rim

topper mounting hardware

Topper back window/door

Thanks

Edited by monkbonk

I have a nice set of tail lights i am selling that came off of a 78 Brat. They have 2 very small cracks (1 ea), but the cracks arent all the way through and they arent by a screw hole. I pulled them from a Junkyard. Im selling them for $100 for both OBO, and it is the entire assembly with harness and bulbs (cant guarentee the bulbs lol). I would prefer to sell as a set.

I also have a set of the side marker lights. They are also in good shape and Im selling them cheap. Youll have to PM me your email, for some reason I cant sut and paste pics.

I have a nice set of tail lights i am selling that came off of a 78 Brat. They have 2 very small cracks (1 ea), but the cracks arent all the way through and they arent by a screw hole. I pulled them from a Junkyard. Im selling them for $100 for both OBO, and it is the entire assembly with harness and bulbs (cant guarentee the bulbs lol). I would prefer to sell as a set.

I also have a set of the side marker lights. They are also in good shape and Im selling them cheap. Youll have to PM me your email, for some reason I cant sut and paste pics.

Thanks for dangling these taillights in front of me, sending me pictures, leading me into a sale only to let them go to some separate 'ghost' party. I really needed those taillights, and I told you as much. This is a huge let down. If someone on these forums sniped those taillight lenses out from under me, they may have just soured me on this whole community. I don't know if I'm going to be on here much anymore.

This forum lacks a member feedback section. I sure as hell would've laid this out there..

Edited by monkbonk

It was a short sale man. He responded first with a commitment. I had several other people ask about them, but not 1 person bought them. He had funds and commited first. I am sorry it didnt work out for you.

Please make your own classified ad instead of replying to my wanted post with your flash sales. Better yet since you are taking silent bids, you should list your items on eBay.

Thanks

monkbonk, I would certainly not lose faith in the forum just because of this experience. I contacted iluvdirt and he was very prompt and respectful when I asked about the lights he had for sale. As soon as I saw his for sale thread, I contacted him directly. I'm always on the lookout for parts. He sent me pictures the same day, very quick. I didn't really want to spend the money so I didn't buy them. Flash forward about a day and a half. I messaged him asking if they were still available. He said yes, so I made an offer. That's it. iluvdirt was always very nice and respectful. There's a saying I've heard for many years. "Strike when the iron is hot."

I don't feel like the seller did anything wrong. In my experience too many potential buyers only reply to a thread rather than contacting a seller directly. In the future I would suggest contacting the person directly rather than just replying to a thread.

I've seen a couple posts about gen 1 brat items recently. I've purchased things from scooner in the past and I would not hesitate to recommend him if he had parts you need. I would contact him right away to see if he still has the lights. I know he had a couple things that weren't listed so it doesn't hurt to ask.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/152197-gen-1-brat-parts/page-2

I know I've seen a few other for sale threads that might have what you need. If I come across them I will be sure to direct you to them.

For as long as I've been a member here I've only had positive experiences. Everyone seems like they help each other solve issues, or find parts. I've contacted members after they posted something they saw at a pick-a-part in their state. They went back, bought the parts, and mailed them to me. If that doesn't speak volumes to the quality people on this forum I don't know what does.

PM me your contact info as when I come across a set I will pass the info along to you.

EDIT:

I did a quick search and came across some possible leads.

I would start by contacting this place. It sounds like they may have exactly what you need. And since lights are relativly small, you can easily have them shipped.

http://twinfalls.craigslist.org/ptd/4958264189.html

This guy might be willing to part with the lights on the car since it looks fairly stripped already.

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/4982412756.html

We will get you the parts you need. Don't worry.

Edit Again.

Just chatted with scooner, he already sold the tail lights he had for sale.

Edited by spicypeanut
  • Like 1

I contacted the person in twinfalls's craigslist ad on the 28th. He said it would be a few weeks before he could get back to me. I went ahead and emailed the Spokane  Brat owner too. I hope I get a reply.

I think I overreacted, and responded too quick to iluvdrt (when I was still upset).

• Like 2

No worries bro. Sometimes the internet gets the best of us LOL.

I checked my stash at home, and unfortunately my other set of tails is for a Gen 2. Ill keep my eyes open for you when I hit the junk yards this weekend!

monk, I have some tail lights. They both have some cracks, but are still serviceable. Let me know if you are still looking.

Also I have a pair of aftermarket door mirrors (not factory). they "work", but don't look that pretty. They were on my brat when I bought them. Anyway, PM me. I'll reply when I can. I've got a very busy weekend, but can probably shoot you some pictures by Sunday if you're interested.