Ultimate Subaru Message Board

People running king springs... Powdercoat issue

Fairtax4me

Have a question. Ordered a set a few weeks ago and they have some spots on them that piss me off more the more I look at them.

This looks like its where the hooks were that they hung the springs from while they applied the powedercoat. The thing that bugs me, is there is already surface rust in these spots. I'm in rust country, it's unavoidable, but I'd like to avoid it as long as possible.

Is this something that everyone else who has bought these has noticed as well? Or am I getting riled up for no good reason?

IMG_6960.jpg

Edited by Fairtax4me

If you cry about every knick,ding, or scratch on your suspension your in for a long sad life.That sorta stuff happens.In a few hours I will be installing new bilsten shocks in my truck and within a month I fully expect them to be scratched to hell and covered in grease and filth.If on the other hand they fail in that month I would be livid.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Yes almost all the king springs i have installed have those marks. Not a big deal . if you rally hard enough you will make more. The springs will probably out last alot of the subarus them selfs imo

Edited by 92loyale59
  • Like 1