Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Franken Subaru

DragonBone

Welcome! What's the list for the upgrades/modification?

Good to see another lifted Ej series out there. I don't want to know how quickly you're going to eat through wheel bearings though with that width. Looks like the stance is pretty level though so the axles seems happy. Nice rig!

The List

Stainless steel header & exhaust

10.5" lift

1.5" wheel spacers/adapters

3000# winch

42" led light bar

Roof basket

15' CB whip w/grenade mount

Hand held Cobra CB

Cold air intake w/ K&N filter

Onboard air w/tank in rear (quick connect)

Semi-truck horn

30x9.50/R15 LT 104Q

:)

Joy!

It's 10.5" of genius. I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Mechanics orders.

Yeah ok. If it had 10.5" of lift, it wouldn't look like the other 2 lifted obs's with 6" of lift on here. Genius.

As JesZek said, that's not really how this forum works. Don't be an rump roast.

• Like 3

That's true coma, I wouldn't go less than a 10k winch on these. Heck 3000 lbs is about what the car weighs as it sits let alone it stuck in mud or snow or whatever.

What exactly are you looking to get out of being on this forum dragon? There is another member on here with almost that exact car in all black. Though I think he had a dual range tranny, I can't remember his name off the top of my head though.

It's 10.5" of genius. I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Mechanics orders.

The shot of the undercarriage makes it seem like it's just crossmember lift blocks, strut toppers, etc. Not exactly rocket science. Many members here have done the same thing in their garages.

It's a cool car with what looks like a reasonably well-built 10.5" :rolleyes: lift, but it isn't NASA technology.

He refuses to tell me either, and I had to do a " mechanic for life" agreement. Just one of those things.

Refuses to tell you? Just look under the car...? :blink:  And what if you see another mechanic? Is he going to come and uninstall your lift?

Color me confused.

Oh crap. Someone leaked the secret to lifting a subaru. Now there's going to be a run on 1/4 inch steel tubing. Better stock up before it's gone!

Just messing since all of us here are in the loop and it's common knowledge. We all know how to do it. Props for having a nice rig but it's just blocks and spacers. Not sure why your mechanic would try to be secretive about it. A google search will give anyone the answers to what he/she did.

great for romping around. I drove a lifted impreza for years and am about a month away from lifting my 2000 Outback. Makes a lot of trails and destinations more accessible.

Edited by AdventureSubaru

The bullet casings are a nice touch.

Ryot is the twin car. He's down near L.A. and yeah, I think his is dual ranged. Same set up I think. 6 inch lift and big honkin wheel spacers. But there are a few others out there.

WagonRyan had/has one that I think he took the lift off of.

Monstaru built Stella and I think that car belongs to another member.

Tron is selling the 6 inch lifted one that I think was built by scott/SJR

Hello there to every one out there talking about my lift. I was only building a six inch lift to begin with. And yes einstien it is considered a ten and a half inch lift when you build 6.5 inch spacers for the top of your 2001 forester struts with kyb gr2S . On iT. And this is my third subaru i have built. Fully on my own without anykind of instructions. All my cars have all driven good.