Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Whats this? "posi" marks from RXs????

Cuz the front inner CV joints were bad, and i could not get one of the axle nuts off...so I said F it, and just did it.

I really dont know how it handles...since hte last time i drove it vs this time...its changed tires (more grip) gone to RWD, and im used to driving the GL-10 which is low and stiff...and its just goes around the corners at any speed. Going from the GL-10 to the RX is like "HUH???" and its like driving a 4x4 ford truck as compared to the GL-10. LOL

Its a little more loose on low speed corner exits...and it WILL lite both rears up...the LSD helps too. Ive not been able to flog it around the back roads yet...YET...

I know how to do it. I've thought about doing it for awhile, but wasn't sure if the rear diff would handle the punishment. and now that some other people have done it, I'll do it too when I get a job and get a bad axle. ( you only have to do one cause the front diff is open, right?)

tried to move in fwd, but NOTHING happened, just the little bare output shaft spun

had to go up non plowed snow full driveway in forward, but couldn't, had to do it in reverse, no problem

trying to go up mud road 6,000 rpm in 4lo, 1st gear, forward, finally found someone in a muddy truck to pull me up the road, thank you!