Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Southern Oregon Campout/4x4 run

I've made some slight changes due to some reason here and there. This up coming weekend is going to include a campout by a lake down here in Southern Oregon, some wheelin, fishing, campfire with Bar-B-Q (hopefully some fish on the fire). Fun shall be had by all. SO lemme know if you can make it, plans to leave out on Friday evening, and get in on Sunday afternoonish.

Ohkay, here's the info.

We are going out into Klamath County, (TapRack, this is in your neck of the woods). I was looking around the OOHVA website and came across the OHV park, it looks like the BOMB!!!

The Klamath Sportsman Park, it has a lot of stuff that is very appealing, like an Obstical/Technical course!! I dunno if there is on site camping or not, but there are some other places in the area that have some good campin/fishin going on. One of these places, I think that name is Oatman lake, or sumpin like that, well, it's one of our military training area, lotsa good trails and stuff. But N-E-Ways, I'm not entirely sure if leaving on Friday night or Saturday morning is the way to go or not. I'm likeing Friday though, cause it gives us more time to play around at the park, than head out to the lake and look for a base of operations. Hey Tap, if you know of any camping areas near the Sports park, or could scout out some that would be most killer, I'll have a beer waiting for you when we get to camp. So whot do ya'll think? Good Adam? Hey Rogues, I get home about 5:30-6 tomarrow, I think we should get together and get a little planning going on. If anyone wants to gimme a call from outside the area, to come on down, my number is 541 twofourfive-eightfivefourone, I'm home after 6pm.

Here's a link to the park: http://www.oohva.org/ohv%20area%20pages/klamath.html

This is also better than the dunes, cause it's only like 50 miles out there, rather than like 120. I figure we'll prolly put about 120-150 miles on the rigs during the trip, rather than 250-275 miles by going to the dunes!

Guest taprackready
Ohkay, here's the info.

We are going out into Klamath County, (TapRack, this is in your neck of the woods). I was looking around the OOHVA website and came across the OHV park, it looks like the BOMB!!!

The Klamath Sportsman Park, it has a lot of stuff that is very appealing, like an Obstical/Technical course!! base of operations. Hey Tap, if you know of any camping areas near the Sports park, or could scout out some that would be most killer, I'll have a beer waiting for you when we get to camp.

Just right across the highway from sportsman park is a campground called Topsy on the Klamath River. Also you can take the dirt road down from Topsy campground about 12 miles into an area call Frain Ranch. Its an old abandoned homestead that has turned into a great camping, hunting, exploring area. You can hunt wild pigs, fish out of the river.

I'll will be camping with my family and brother in-law and sister at Lake of the Woods so I can't make the Sportsman park outing. Dang it, its very hard to get together isn't it.

Bill

Looks like this one is bust. Me n the wife decided to head out to the dunes with her sister and go riding quads. That and the Brat is in no shape to go anywhere anymore. There isn't any drivetrain in her anymore. Been busy the last couple days.

As this post dropped off the map, I figured there wasn't any interested. Have to apoligize. I think the Sept. run will be the next actual planned even for the R.R.'s, as that is technically the first ever run for us, and will be THE annual run every year after. Again, I apoligize, and will do a better job of planning things out, I think off weekends are much better at this sort of thing, Memorial weekend is pretty big, and hard to organize something for it, unless it's done way ahead of time.

On a side note, the Brat should be done by the WCSS, with fingers crossed!

oh man that looks like so much fun. I dont have it yet but do you guys think an older ea-81 with just a 3" lift and like 27" tires or so would be able to handle a course like that? or is this a big custom rig only kinda place? I think it would be so much fun to do some of that sometime. Have fun...:headbang:

Cheers:drunk:

Guest taprackready

In case anybody is interested, I'll be camping at Topsy Campground starting tonight. Basically across the highway from Sportsman Park where Adam said he wanted to go before his plans changed. I'll have a blue/silver suburban hooked to an old Aristocrat trailer and of course the Tan 82 Brat will be there. If anybody is in the area come by the camp and shoot the bull.

Bill