Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Clutches?

Does anyone know of any variations in clutch parts during the 1991 Production year for Loyale's?

I just put a new clutch kit in my car and it doesn't work. It seemed to be a bit lighter duty but I wasn't worried becuase it was the only listing they had. Now it's all back together and don't work. The pedal goes right to the floor with the cable adjusted right up.

I guess tomorrow I'll have to pull it again but I'm sure I won't find the parts on a long weekend.

What a pisser

if it fit, it should work. something must be wrong, like the throughout bearing is not there? could you have forgotten something? i dont think you can even put them in backwards, so that cant be it. does the pedal have any spring at all? or just flops from the ground to the top?

Everything is there. The Through Out Bearing was even a little thicker then the old one. There is a little spring in the clutch but there was resistance to an extent even when engine was out. I guess I'll try it again today.

Thanks

Does anybody know the differences in pressure plates for the 4wd and the Fwd. The only one I know about is the 225mm to 200mm diameter. I have the 200mm I need but it seemed a little lighter then the old plate....thickness?