Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My project; Big Blue

comatosellama

So I got tired of having a sedan... And traded it for this. 1995 impreza L. 

20150505_155711_zpsge2gcb8c.jpg

Tonight it gets the lift, if I can get the keys for the wheel locks (abnormal interior key)

Plans: 

Make a floor thing for the back (over the spare tire area in the back)

EJ22, ASAP. Holy gutless batman! 110hp is so little 

4-5" spacer lift

Get it off those 17's (anyone wanna trade? Appear to have semi slicks on)

Some nice bumpers 

5 speed dual range (I have a 4sp if anyone wants to trade, lol)

Short throw (aka welding a piece of metal in between the shifter linkage and the ball)

• Like 1

I'm excited to see where ya go with it!

If ya wanna trade off those rims you should get a pic up

As far as your engine goes, any Phase one 2.2 should bolt right in (up to 98).

Allthough, I'm not the professional.

• Like 1

i would kill to have 110hp! Try getting by with only 80! lol.  :lol: just kiddin'. Looks like a real solid wagon! Are you gonna use it as a DD, or weekend wagon? :brow: , or a little of both? looks really clean! I see a little rust on the wheel wells... any on the underbody?

Edited by Sapper 157

i would kill to have 110hp! Try getting by with only 80! lol.  :lol: just kiddin'. Looks like a real solid wagon! Are you gonna use it as a DD, or weekend wagon? :brow: , or a little of both? looks really clean! I see a little rust on the wheel wells... any on the underbody?

You have the dual range lol, I'd say that makes up for 30hp. It'll be both for sure. Rust on the body, most can be converted sealed and painted for now. Underbody is pristine. Even the filler neck! But I mean this is a car that will probably be turned using it's doors, so body panels being straight isn't too much of an issue. Rust is bad though.

Looks like a great start for a build. Having lifted a midwestern impreza, try and get access to the top of the captive nuts for the subframes and trailing arm brackets and start soaking with PB blaster or something well in advance. I ended up breaking several captive nuts during the suspension lift and then later on the transmission crossmember during a trans swap.

I miss the car but not the rust battle.