Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Took the day off to finish up,the EGR bypass and get this lob out of my garage.

Everything went smoothly thank in large part to the advice help here.

Filled fluids, one last eyeball around and jump in start that baby up.

Cranked three times and fired up. Yep. Smooth as silk. The ol man still has it. Easy as 1-2-3. In my mind I'm accepting a medal for being such an amazing mechanic and all around mans man. I'll probably have to beat the MILF's off with a bat cuz I'm such a stud.

Then I notice the orange glow. Then I notice the flames. Then I'm running and screaming like a girl child into the kitchen for the fire extinguisher.

Seconds later the entire front of the car is engulfed in flames. Hit it with the extinguisher twice and fire is out. Holy f_uck!

No real damage done. Fire only lasted maybe 30 seconds but long enough to burn up some wiering

and vacuum hoses.

Looks like the only victim besides the vacuum hoses is the #4 injector harness. I've got a doner car so I. Covered.

What didn't I check? The screws thhat secure the injectors into the cups. #4 both screws were loose. All others were nice n tight.

I did say it starts right up right? Well, that's something.

post-52459-0-10246500-1432073660_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Kinda hard to get the MILFs when you don't have a house cuz it burned down!

Had you removed the injectors or the rails for some reason? Was the injector plug loose?

It's a JDM swap. manifold from the old engine was removed by someone else. It never occurred to me to check the injector screws. No reason to loosen them. Manifold comes off pretty much as a unit.

Yep #3. 1&4 on the right 2&3 on the left.

I replaced the o-rings, spliced the new harness in.

When I joined the doner harness to the old I went back to where the factory solder joines were located In The harness. That way I only had to cut one wire. Solder all splices, cover with dialectic grease , shrink tube and tape. New alagator wrap. More tape.

Looks factory to me. Start er up. So far so good. Idle is rough but I haven't connected all the vacuum hoses correctly. Smooths out at 1500 or so. Runs good. Open garage door and pop it into r and back it into the driveway.

Success!