Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Replaced the battery and the flashers are on all the time. Key on or off . Disconnected battery ground turned key switch to run and reconnected the battery ground. Flashers still on. Drivers door open and used key fob numerous time to unlock ,still flashers on. Could not find any security reset under dash. Any ideas?

Hi,

This is the security/keyless entry system:

One option, but worked on older Subies:

This is how I got the lights to stop flashing: I turned the ignition to "on" (but didn't start the car--just left it on). Then I disconnected the Negative battery cable. Waited for about 15 or 20 seconds, then reconnected the Negative cable and lights were no longer flashing!!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...

Thank the gods I used the search function first.

So, 96 Outback. Pulled out the battery. When replaced, the flashers were blinking at half brightnrss. The flasher button was tried and they went to full brightness.

Noob switch on top of steering colum was checked. Further invesigation led to what I think was the ECU. Silver box, way under the dash. I could feel and hear the clicking. 

Came here for answers.

Result: key to On but not started. Removed neg battery lead. Checked the chicken on the BBQ.i.e. 30 sec. Reconnect neg lead. 

All is good. Beer in hand. Cheers mate, you made my night.