Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gofundme?

Has anyone had experience with gofundme?  I am thinking I will build a Score international class 3 car for the baja 500 2016. 

I've set up a go fund me seeing if I can get $5000 dollars to start it up. Hoping to get enough done that I may pick up a sponser (I know local shop owners that may take this up for the advertisment)

It looks like I won't even start with the STI swap as the rules state I have to keep the original motor and suspension design and displacement. 

Now I'm getting a second subie for my daily driver and parking this wagon in the shop to be torn down and built back up.

Imma need a USMB sticker for it too since you guys are the brain behind it anyways :P

It's not so much the platform you need to worry about, it's how you strategize and publicize the project. Gather and compile and create MUCH content (including ongoing video/blog updates) to be used to support the campaign. Ask for twice as much as you think you need now. Most important thing is to be successful in completing the project with the help of crowdfunders, not getting 20% done and hitting a financial wall. You could ask for more money in a second campaign and that is reasonable for certain projects (i.e. software development) but my opinion is to try to nail down full amount in initial campaign. How much do you think it will take x2?

Now if you get a sponsor or two, then you can get creative with perks back to funders... like adding their names as decals to windows or maybe a high quality calendar of the car that they helped create... spoob like that. Give back to supporters best you can.

Off the cuff thoughts.....

Edited by sull

that's good advice.  most peopele wanting funding i've worked with just want money to do their thing (like an 8 year old).  they hardly think of it as a team effort hoping others will benefit and there's greater horizons available - guess who usually goes nowhere?

Edited by grossgary