Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from Detroit

Hey there everyone! My name is Andrew. I've been lurking for quite some time but I finally joined! I definitely appreciate the WEALTH of information that this site has to offer...

I have a Frankenforester that started its life as an automatic with an EJ253. It's been through 4 transplants since I've owned it - the original EJ253 popped the HG around 180k miles and then the heads were warped so I dropped a EJ22 in it. Then I got bored with the auto trans so I swapped a manual setup from a 2.5RS in it (complete with a rear LSD for awesome twisty donuts in the harsh Michigan winters :headbang: ). I did the manual swap the CORRECT way, sourced an intake manifold, ECU, main ECU wire harness, and the rest of the brainboxes from an 01 Forester, so I retained all OEM functionality (minus ABS, who needs that anyway? LOL). Recently I had a friend who was getting married so me and his brother harvested my EJ22 shortblock out of my car and put WRX accessories and heads on it and swapped it into his bugeye that has been sitting in a garage at a vacant house for 6+ years. We restored it behind his back and revealed it on his wedding day, it was quite a great experience... I sourced myself an EJ25 out of an 04 Forester that had the timing belt tensioner bolt shear of and bend all the valves. I put my EJ22 heads on it and swapped it into the forester. I think that covers all 4 transplants! LOL

My fozzy is my 3rd suby. I had a silver bugeye WRX back in 08, I sold that and bought a 240sx (which I regret, especially after restoring my buddy's bugeye), then 2 years ago I bough a 99 OBS that was hit light in the front end that I bought with a good engine (the one that I swapped into the Forester that was then swapped into the WRX) for $300!!! I drove the OBS for a year until I found my current 99 Forester S that I bought with the blown EJ253, and a front wheel bearing that was so bad it would cause the wheel to vibrate enough to where it caused the brake pads to force the pistons back in and make the brake pedal go straight to the floor (NOT FUN at 70mph on the freeway) for $700. It had VERY light rust on the quarters (that is getting worse :unsure:) but the body was in decent shape other than that. Came complete with the cold weather package with heated seats, mirrors, and windshield.

So yeah, I suppose you could say cars (mainly Suby's) are my passion. Hell I convinced my fiancée to buy a 15 Forester :P. I've always been fascinated with engines since I was a kid. I've also had several DSMs which were my fun (fast) cars. Beyond that I enjoy working (LKQ), and "construction" aka-me hitting stuff with a hammer and not really having any idea what I'm doing. I did just replace my 750 sq.ft. deck which was quite the task. And I love dogs too. My 7 year old female black lab is my little sweetheart LOL

• 2 weeks later...