Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys I own a 3.0 spec b and want to put an exhaust on. I also owned a wrx and am wondering how different do they sound? I don't want that wrx grumble, does anyone have a good link where I can hear exhaust set ups or any related advise on this? I would like to hear an exhaust before I spend $$$. Thanks

So the H6 engine has a completely different note then? I wasn't sure cause they're both boxer engines. Youtube doesn't tell me what type of exhaust it is. Wouldn't the manufacturers of exhaust systems have some examples of cars they've done? I'll check it out

the only reason my WRX doesn't sound like a Honda is the unequal length header tubes feeding the turbo.

Not saying headers can't be made to alter the sound of the H6 - maybe your search will find something.

All of the 'built/project' H6es I've heard sound smooth. Even cardoc's supercharged car sounded smooth.(dig through here; http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/110-gen-2-2000-2004/47896-sleeper-vdc.html -some good pics in there too. Also, dig around in his youtube channel;

)

(I think I have seen pics of a twin turbo H6, maybe it would sound 'uneven' if the headers were customized?)

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan