Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Not a Subaru specific topic - but I wonder what's a good method to remove a windshield wiper mark? I have one on my Forester. Tried the abrasive side of a sponge, then a generic Comet-type cleaner, and steel wool. Didn't make such of a difference. It's not an extremely obvious mark, but I wish it could be removed. I wonder what else I can try? 

A windshield wiper mark is actually a scratch on the glass, probably from a broken wiper, that allowed the steel part of the wiper blade to slide along the glass.  I don't think there is any way that the scratched area can be repaired.

Do you have glass insurance on your car. Here in CT where trees are forever crashing down and deer are eager to go lap dancing with drivers, such insurance is pretty standard even without a deductible.

Next, you need an "event" to make the glass replaceable under their terms.

Have to agree with Rooster in that it is likely a scratch in the glass. Ask a repair shop IF it can be reduced without affecting the optics of the windshield.