Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1986 turbo wagon

The ecu is definatley different., not too sure on the harness but there is obviously going to be different wires running for things non turbo doesent have. maybe someone else can chime in if they have done this conversion. good luck!

Im sure its been done. If your looking at a turbo/mpfi swap to spfi there will definately be harness differences just the injector wiring is one obvious difference. I cant see the exhaust being the same. Did the 86 ea82t use a flapper MAF? Another difference there.

I really have nothing of value to add to your thread other than using a carbed ea82 would make things pretty easy. Of course, thats if you can find one. Or if your like me and cant stand driving a carbureted car.

turbo is MPFI. You can swap in an NA MPFI engine with it's matching ECU, but the SPFI will be a completely different wiring harness throughout the car.

ditto with the carb wiring.

If you've got a complete SPFI car, then just swap the lot over. It's not hard, just need time.