Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bon~Voyage! Farewell to all! see you next year! update

Moab is my goal to have the car ready for by late spring early summer.... that's if i get to the new mods right away and if we ever come back from iraq. otherwise hopefully it'll be going the way it is right now. but it would be 10 times better if i can get the new mods done before hand. but i am planning on having a trailer too by that time. so if it breaks i can tow her back...

the newest rumor is we will be out for 9+ months.... the only way i can look at that as being good is that i'll have tons of bank to get the new mods done to my car and get a truck and trailer!

Jared

Semper Fi!

Jared,

Are your mods a secret too???!!!! Come on, what you got planned??? I hope you have a good supply of graph paper (or at least napkins) on that ship to pencil out your plans to build the ultimate roo!

Any tantilizing titbits of info would be appreciated! I get the feeling your thinking of using Toyota Axles front and rear? Am I on the right track???

Take care of yourself, you know John and I will be willing to help you out with your plans when you get back.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

small update. we left hawaii 7 days ago. still in the pacific. that's all i can say.

i had fun in hawaii. got second degree sun burn on my back... it's finally starting to peel. luckily i successfully avoided being charged with destruction of gov't property. but it still hurts. i'm out of mess duty for at least 30 days. i have it again if we actually ride the boat home.

and yes the mods are staying quiet and no they aren't toyota axles. it all depends on how quick i can get it done, and if i can get the neccisary parts. before they get sold. which will determine how, when and if they can get done. when you will know. i know this much it'll at least be 7 months before you will know.

anyways i'll update what i can and when i can.

Semper Fi!!

Jared

Your Cruel----Stop teasing us!

Give us just a hint of what "Little Roo" has in store in the future?

Please, Please, Please,

(now I sound like my kids)

No wait let me guess...............

A straight panel somewhere on the body................?:lol:

No........that would remove too much character.....:confused:

Be Safe!

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

how am i cruel?...

If i put a straight panel on.... i'd have to change the whole body... :) hmm... you are giving me ideas...... but you gave yourself a hint. that's all i'll give you.

now you've brought up the question should i start with another body... hmmm but i'm too fond i think of little roo to get rid of her or remove dents from her.

I think solid axles are in Little Roo's future????

Maybe not Toyotas but how about Samurai axles????

I re-read through all the posts for a hint and that's all I can come up with????

Starting with a second Subaru is always a good idea---Then you have Two!

Any more hints:confused:

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester