Ultimate Subaru Message Board

fuel problems 1985 gl(leone)

I have a 1985 gl leone 1.8 turbo FI. My timing belt broke. I replaced timing belt and now there is no fuel getting to the plugs,there is fuel getting passed the filter in the engine compartment. I sprayed starting fluid in the air intake and it started kicking. so my question is what would stop the gas from getting to the plugs. everything was fine until the timing belt problem.

Make sure you installed the belts correctly. On the 85 model there is a ground wire attached to the right side of the intake manifold. Has to be there for the injectors to fire. Just to test for a ground problem, use a test light. Probe one of the injectors and crank the engine. If the engine fires, the problem is a bad ground somewhere. 

I put a test light on one of the injectors. when I grounded the test light the light lit up. when I put the test light on pos and cranked the motor there was no light.I checked the ground on the right side valve cover one wire went to the frame and one went to the coil bracket and in the line is some type of resistor, I grounded the resistor to the bracket bolt but im not sure if it came off the pos or neg side of coil,can you help

i wonder if you are barking up the wrong tree

when you provide some other sort of fuel to the system, you are not just squirting it at same time injectors would be, you are just misting it or flooding it in - available all the time. If you swear you did the belts right - how is the compression? Do  comp test first to confirm all is fine there

You geting the engine to fire may still be dizzy out, belts out .....

i can't ever recall anyone getting resolution by chasing a code 1-2 ... I wonder if a relay added in to take the heavier power transfer job of th ignition switch's electricals might get rid of that code ?

Have you seen tha factory manuals code 1.2 chase up flow chart ??

4 times should be enough ....so, when #1 is on TDC, the rotor button points more towards the firewall not towards the radiator ?

Edited by jono

Disty is pointing toward firewall, I kept thinking I was doing the belt wrong, I took the left valve cover off to make sure I was on the compression stroke, timing light firing on 8 degrees BTDC, all along it was the injectors not getting power , I'm at a loss for what to check next

Disty is pointing toward firewall, I kept thinking I was doing the belt wrong, I took the left valve cover off to make sure I was on the compression stroke, timing light firing on 8 degrees BTDC, all along it was the injectors not getting power , I'm at a loss for what to check next