Ultimate Subaru Message Board

87 RX Power Window Troubles

Having some trouble tracking down the issue as to why my passenger window is not working.

I've got two regulators with motors that both work, tested them directly from the battery.

I've got constant 12v from the white wire that goes to the relay, which is what I'm supposed to have according to an older post on here, what I DONT have is any power from the two bullet connection that plugs into the window motor.

I swapped out the switch itself, still nothing. I loosened the screw for the grounds under the passenger seat and wiggled them around making.contact, relays were clicking so that means grounds are ok correct?

My drivers window works fine, passenger window isn't operable from the drivers side switch either.

Stumped at this point, checked my fuses. None are blown, I suspect this thing has power door locks but those aren't working either..

The terminals in the switches get "corroded" over the years. You need to pull them apart & clean the contacts. Be careful undoing the screws though, the plastic gets brittle over the years.

And for the passenger side to work, you need to ensure that both that switch & the master switch are clean. The power comes though both in series. Considering your master switch doesn't work, I'd start with cleaning that one.

I've heard a rumour that the 2 doors never got power locks, but can't confirm that.

• Like 1