Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have searched the forum but could not find a topic about my problem.

My 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback will not start and the car alarm goes off now.  A 10 amp fuse which was loose fell out from under the dashboard on the drivers side of the car.  When I was putting the fuse back into the holder the car alarm went off.  Now I can't start my car at all.  I saw on another forum about a reset button.  I can not locate a reset button instead there is a brown set of wires connected to what appears might have been the reset button.  There is just a plastic molded round cap with two exposed terminals inside.

Can someone hep out with this problem so I can have a car that works again.

Thanks for the help

Edited by Jim2015

On the 97 OB I was just working on earlier today, has a yellow sticker up by the battery that said something about, (after losing power) to pushing said reset button, then if that is not present to hit the disarm button?? on the key FOB or maybe the arm button?? not sure which one cause I don't have the car to look at now.

You might try one or both of those.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html

Start at the bottom of the link and scroll up.

There are a number of ways of disarming the alarm.

It does appear that that ring with the bare wires should be where the button "was"

Also check out: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/66-problems-maintenance/51816-cleaning-battery-terminals-flashing-lights.html and screen shot below.

p1d8q.png