Ultimate Subaru Message Board

no light on dashboard but cranking and no fire.

when I drove and somehow shutdown and then I tried to starter but no RPM, dashboard light.. its ECU failure? timing belt, sparking plug, wires and everything is good...

ecu is failre?

87 Subaru gl 1.8L FI 4wd

Edited by Suba_GL_87

Since its fuel injected check your fuel pressure. Or use a noid light to make sure the injectors are being pulsed. Isnt there I fusible link to the injectors you can check? Someone else may be able to clarify See if theres anything electrical these components share. Always start with spark, then fuel, then compression. If you confirm all three then the problem is elsewhere.

Edited by SoobDood05

Also, is this the earlier EFI with flapper style MAF sensor on the airbox, or hot wire? 87 is when Subaru changed, so it makes a difference.

The earlier ones have a problem with the fuel pump electrical circuit through the ECU., so the fuel pump stops working.

Just need to connect the earth wire from the pump to the body instead of letting it go through the ECU.