Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I've got a thread going asking some questions about my car but I never introduced myself, so here goes.

I'm in the chapel hill, NC area, I'm a butcher, and own a 1995 Subaru Legacy Brighton 2.2 automatic. Its a little beat up, but its been doing the job of taking me to and from work for a year and half now. I got the car for $500 (bought it from a friend, who got it from another friend, who got it from his sister - the car has been making its rounds). It was supposed to be a temporary ride while we saved up and got a newer car. Then my wife's "good" car timing chain jumped not to long ago and we are down a car. With our work schedules, two cars are a necessity. So we got a 2010 Toyota and the Subaru stays for the foreseeable future.

There are a few things going on with the Subaru and I am enjoying learning about the car and trying to do as much as possible myself to save some money.

Thanks for the help so far!

Welcome, subakev!  As you already know, the good folk here will bend over backwards to offer any help.  I drive a '95 Legacy wagon and my wife has an '09 Toyota!

Wife always gets the new car!

Lots of great info on here