Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Southern Oregon Camping Trip

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Might be a little to late for most people to make plans. But this Saturday (the 25th) Me and bunch of friends are going out on a camping and maybe wheeling trip. Right now it looks like about six or seven of just my friends in the area going (no Soobs cept mine). But I would like to get some more Subaru's out there. I'm hopeing to trail test the Brat, just need to get the tranny done, rear shocks and an axle. Planning on heading out early afternoonish. There will be camping (of course), swimming, and some wheeling. Some food, but mostly bring your own stuff. Email if interested Adam_NDJ@yahoo.com Tony? John? Catch ya Laters.

Guest crimefyter

Adam, I also own an 82 Brat, and I live in K-Falls. I'd be really interested in seeing the mods you've done to your rig as I'm starting to fix up mine. I can't go camping this weekend but would be interested in wheeling in the future.

Bill

Guest SubaruJunkie

Damn, wish i had more time to plan. I would love to come along, but its almost impossible on such short notice.

Maybe next time.

-Brian

Guest GlCraigGT

hey bill,

i went to college down there at Tech and had some fun running the trails above Hagelstein Park. anyway do know the guy there in town with the lifted 83 wagon?

Guest Adam N.D.J.

I'm going to get something set-up for the close of the camping season. Prolly be in late September, gonna get a site picked out and all kindsa stuff. It'll prolly be a definate for lifted soobs, stockers might be able to make it with a little abuse. The camp site I have picked out has a water crossing to go through, waters about 3ft deep and the crossing is about 100ft across, plus there is some rock crawling to get to it.

K-falls? Alright! someone else close by me. It's been way too long with me being the only one in these parts. But now that more people are coming out of the wood work! Yeah, if your ever going to be in the GP area gimme and email Adam_NDJ@yahoo.com, the brats immoble right now, waiting for tranny stuff. But Ya gotta check it out.

You guys aren't talking about the green lifted 83 wagon are ya? Seen one of those running around Medford. Catch ya Laters.

Guest SubaruJunkie

I might be able to make it... maybe. Im already planning a trip to WA in Sept... might be able to postpone that until Nov or Oct.

-Brian

Guest crimefyter

I think I might know the guy in the lifted 83 wagon. Runs an upholstery shop on Homedale Road if its the same guy.

Bill

Guest GlCraigGT

no, i'm talking about a lifted white wagon with a six lug conversion. he's running pretty much all season tires. it's been a couple of years since i was done there so he may have a different setup

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Ohkay, I'm going to start getting this together. The weekend will be the 19th of Sep. It's the second to last week, and it will have cooled down enough to be pretty comfortable. Slight chance of rain in these parts, but not much. Typical 2 night campout. Head out Friday, setup camp, socialize till really late, sleep, wake up too early, ride around for a while, then ride around some more, then head for camp and do it all over again. I'm looking at 3 sites right now. 2 of them are connected, but require about a days ride between them, and a fording capability of about 40 inches, might be more shallower places up or down stream. There are about 5 or six streams between the two campsites. The other one sits in a vast trail complex that runs in all directions for days. I'll put in more details later, as for now my trail rig is down for upgrades. Oh yeah, who all would be interested? I know you are Brian, how bout you northern guys? John? the HP? Catch ya Laters.

Guest SOOBME

I'm very interested, but I can't say for sure yet if I can go. I'll start working on my fording depth now, so that if I can go I will not drownd:D

Guest SubaruJunkie

40"?? THATS NOTHING! Im all up for it. Just need to get the days off. How many days are we going to be out in the woods?

I have a real nice tow strap for the other people that cant make it through :lol:

-Brian

Guest SOOBME

VERY FUNNY BRIAN!:lol: :lol: But I got an 8000lb manual winch, and a 2000lb power winch, so I'm prepaired! (proly end up on the end of a strap any way:p )

Guest Adam N.D.J.

Eh, not really, my dizzy is currently sitting about 38" up. But it's onkay because I have the cap siliconed (screw on kinda cap). Whats even better is that the air intake sits about 8" above that, so I'm pretty good as is right now. Although I do need to make longer lines for my crankcase breathers, and run em up next to the intake. Catch ya Laters