Ultimate Subaru Message Board

No start unless throttle held open.

Got new codes 31 (tps) 32 (temp sensor) 12 (starter switch) 24 (idle air control) I'm getting frustrated and annoyed. Please if anyone has had this problem.

Replaced tps replaced temp sensor cleaned iacv. So car starts then dies if I hold throttle open it starts then idles fine revs fine but as soon as I try to go anywhere it bogs down and acceleration is sketching and speratic. After I get it going when I coast and the rpms drops it drops to zero and trues to dies hitting the throttle and feathering keeps it going then it idles fine again. I know this is a long post. I replaced the spark wires not the plugs. I know ignition coils are fine no. 16 fuse was a fluke I think cuz it was fine. I hear a whiring when I drive or hit throttle vacuum leak? Pcv clog?.

well, a vacuum gauge might tell you something and is cheap to try (mybe free if you 'loan' it out from a parts store)

Seems like there could be a wiring or grounding problem. Also, I THINK a couple of those sensors assoc. with those codes use a 5V reference signal from the ECU. If one sensor is killing that, it could affect the others that use it.

maybe there's a common ground or a rodent-chewed wiring harness or loose connector?

the noise could be a poorly seated airbox after a filter change.

After closer inspection there are two bolts missing on air box just drove to work 30 minutes or so at 60 plus miles the whole way car starts right up no stutter or hesitation while driving slight idle surge almost unnoticeable. So I'm dead set on vacuume leak that is closing due to heat expansion. Please correct me if my thinking is just all wrong maybe intake manifold because its metal to metal with gasket of course.