Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The Hatch Patrol story-the unveiling(with pics)

So the key to making really wide tires fit is more offset then. Please dont get me wrong; I didnt intend to come accross saying it was NOT possible as it's obviously been done and IS possible. Like I said I can only look at pictures and read obscure comments on what has been done to this crazy BRAT (and yours) You can see by that analysis, and what I have worked on myself, how it would be hard to imagine 16" wide (or even 12" wide) tires fitting on with OEM struts.

I'm glad the extra offset is working out great. Makes me wanna redrill these 6bolt wagon wheels I have laying around so I can put on wider tires :D People have said for so long how its bad to offset that much espeically for offroading. Hopefully these monster BRATs hold up and prove a lot of these old wives tales wrong :)

I know I'd love to go bigger with my wagon!

ps: sorry Ken if it seems like the thread is getting hijacked but this is actually relevant to the Hatch Patrol Monster BRAT (pps: what's this thing really called?) Were rims used to fit wider tires on this beast? How wide are those tires on there? I noticed yo usaid they are 31"s but they look about 12" wide!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda see it as you guys hijacking the post to talk about another brat a little too much . . .

But anyways. Like I said above. The tires on Ken's brat are 31/10.50s. You're all gonna LOVE what we did with the struts too. Should be bullet proof, but practice makes perfect. We learned what we needed to know about the struts at the Rubicon.

We'll show it all off, once it's proven itself. Don't need any little spies running over to the Pirate board and blabbing about it like usually happens when the HP does something out of the ordinairy.

I kinda see it as you guys hijacking the post to talk about another brat a little too much . . .

But anyways. Like I said above. The tires on Ken's brat are 31/10.50s. You're all gonna LOVE what we did with the struts too. Should be bullet proof, but practice makes perfect. We learned what we needed to know about the struts at the Rubicon.

We'll show it all off, once it's proven itself. Don't need any little spies running over to the Pirate board and blabbing about it like usually happens when the HP does something out of the ordinairy.

Sorry Zaps; I was trying to tie it in as it is relivant :)

I cant wait to see the DETAILS :D

but this is actually relevant to the Hatch Patrol Monster BRAT (pps: what's this thing really called?)

I have a couple of names for it, Ken doesn't really like them and he has the final say, it's his. ;)

I like Subiessan or Subassan.

I really like Johnny 5, but he hates it. (see photo)

I have a couple of names for it, Ken doesn't really like them and he has the final say, it's his. ;)

buahahaha I like it! Johnny 5 is ALIVE :D

and dont roll your eyes at me subarubrat haha

I hear that... gets old pretty fast :(

I'll agree with you to a point. And I'll back up what I say also, with an analogy to this board.

Pirate is different than most other boards, this is true. I'd say half of those guys are cool as can be, and half are just plain jerks. You run into that type of thing on most boards across the world.

As Pirate is more of an extreme website, they get more than their fair share of noobs and trolls that ask ridiculous questions without first searching.

Why, even here, on the USMB, we get questions that come up constantly that people are telling others to search for, that the answer was actually just posted last week.

I've met probably 10 or more people off of Pirate through various wheeling events, and they have ALL been cool as hell. Much the same as I'm sure the Hatch Patrol, and just about every other board member would be.

I'd trust most of the board members to help me out in a jam as I would any USMB member.

Over there, you just have to have a *little* thicker skin.

And as Zap (and I believe subarubrat) said earlier "I didn't build it for you".

Trust me, there is a lot of flaming that goes on there, but there is also a lot of comraderie. Keep in mind, there are about 10x as many members over there, and there is a lot more to police...

Thats funny as hell.. It totally looks like one of the Johnnies!

And for those that don't like 'tainted' parts.. I have stuff from.. lets see.. Mazda, Honda, Mitsubishi, and one little chevy part.. and all thats not even including the aforementioned accell and sony type stuff :)

BTW, for anyone wanting to install Toyota axles, I can make a connection for you.

With the information I've been given, I'm not entirely sure this is true, but this is what I was told, so I'm going with it.

Nippon-Denso is one of the largest Japanese car parts makers.

Toyota owns Nippon-Denso.

Nippon-Denso parts are in Subes.

There ya go.

:-\ "usually happens" i only remember one instance, and im sure they could care less what we do with our cars.

-Brian

i know i'm coming in really late in this argument towards subaru or not... but i have a few words to say that pretty much have been said...

i guess instead of mentioning names i'll just say these things.

it is an awesome rig and i can't wait to 4 wheel with you! again! mad props to you ken! i have seen it in person and so badly wanted to go play and see it in action. but i'm sure that'll be next time.

the next thing is all of you who are against "non-subaru" mods. i have 2 words to say but can't here. the whole thing with offroad vehicles is in a way it's a compitition with yourself and with others. i'm always changing my vehicle over the last 3 or 4 years. just to make it a more capable and more competitive offroad machine at all cost.

MikeW said something about whoever can come up with the cash and fab facilities will be creating an ultimate subaru. all i can say is i'm going to iraq for 6 months to a year... more rocks more mods needed! i'll be disbarred and banned for what i'm planning on doing. and everyone that keeps up with the HP has an ultimate subaru!!

Rockcrawling is where i am. give me a rock and i'll try to climb it. over come the obstacles and ignore the people who sneer at you along the way.

Jared

This weekend while I was out camping, I met up with some old Jeepin' guys that I know. One is a real good friend of mine, and the other 2 are friends of his. Anyhow, they admired my Wagon and were asking me if I could get different gears for it. I told them no, of course, but then I went and told them about some friends of mine who are stuffing divorced T-Cases into their cars... and I think i even mentioned something about Ken's solid rear axle too (hope I dont get banned now).

BTW, all 3 of these guys all talked ***** about pirate4x4.com, talking about how they're all *******s and such, so we're not the only ones that dont care for them.

-Brian