Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I finally got my XT and now I got some Q's

After almost 2 months I finally got my 86 XT Turbo:banana: . Im doing my regular check of all the parts and making sure everything is ok.

-The power button for the radio got pushed into the radio so its just a little hole now. How do I take the radio out? I dont see any screws and I dont want to just pull and break anything. Do I just pull or are there some screws hidden somewhere?

-What size is the windshield wiper I went to walmart and they didnt have XT in the little computer or the book?

EDIT: Im an idiot and forgot that I can just measure the one I have on there now:banghead:

I had some other questions but Im a little slow today and I cant remember them but Ill proabibly remember them later. Ill also post some pics after I get a chance to clean her up.

Haha,

Have I got a windshield wiper story for you....

I went to the dealer to get a windshield wiper refill, mainly because all of the windshield wiper refills I get somehow break.

So I go to the parts counter and ask for a windshield wiper refill for an 89 xt6.

The 17-year old kid behind the counter asked me if it was the driver's side or the passenger's side.

I calmly responded that the car only had one windshield wiper. The kid got a very confused look on his face, started aimlessly searching thru books, and finally went into the back and got some old white haird guy from the back.

The old guy said "Oh, you have one of those..." and brought out another thick book and started thumbing thru pages. Meanwhile the 17 year old kid sat there looking confused.

Old guy started talking to me after a bit "We dont get that many requests for those around here....yep here its is." Special order of course.

Totaly funny. I guess you had to be there...

:drunk: