Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car won't stay running after changing plugs

I just changed the spark plugs in my 1997 Impreza Outback Sport, and now it wont stay running. When I start it, it starts right up, settles into a nice smooth idle, runs for exactly 7 seconds, then stops running. I have tried it multiple time, one right after the other, and it does exactly the same thing. in order to get to the rear plugs, i unlatched the air cleaner box and pushed it up and off to the side, & I also took off the windshield washer reservoir and pulled it forward. I didn't disconnect any wires. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on here? Is it possible something got disconnected that I can't see just by a casual inspection, or just looking at it from the top of the motor? I thought that maybe I might have to reset the computer or something, so I unhook the battery waited for a few seconds, and then hooked back up. But it still does the same thing. No engine check lights or anything else coming up that looks out of the ordinary.

100% it is an air intake air leak. Most likely one of the many smaller hoses is still disconnected. 

Thank you John. You were 100%

correct. I just went out and unhooked the airbox again and when I lifted

it up, I noticed that the largest breather hose had popped off.

I put it back on and it stays running now.

Thanks again.