Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Why a soob?

okay i know this is an incredibly rediculous silly question. Dont even read passed here if you get angry easily. if you feel the need to flame me have at it, just do it in your head and dont waste electrons. Sorry if i have been askin a lot of silly questions lately i just wanna completely research this car before i go droppin a few grand into buildin a offroad mobile. Okay so the stupid question of the year is why a soob? Why not an older model jeep or truck or something like that? I have about a million reasons i can think of but i want to hear your guys thoughts.

:drunk: cheers

It totally depends on what your are trying to do. If you are looking for a rock crawling monster then a Subaru will never fit the bill. But if you want to have fun on dirt trials and such then a Subaru is by far the best choice. All of the Subaru's I have owned could never go where my CJ goes but I always owned a Subaru. Why.....

Because I was repairing or fixing my jeep on a weekly basis to keep it on the road. I did do some pretty extreme trials www.geocities.com/coloradocj with it but still broke a lot of things and had to tinker to keep it running all the time. Subaru's just change the oil gas them up and go!!!

Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket. You can buy Subaru parts cars etc for very cheap and not bankrupt the family by doing so.

Short of it you will have a lot more $$ in the bank and have more fun with a Subaru!!!

As for why I drive a lifted wagon..... it's curb appeal. I get looks wherever I go, and wherever I stop people have to check it out, and ask me questions. I never have to wash it, it has no carpet inside, the seats are splattered with mud, and I can still pick up my date in it, and she's happy to be seen in it. It's a lot of fun off-road too. Maybe not as capable as a jeep or a big truck in some circumstances, but a lot MORE capable in others due to it's low wieght. And on top of all this, I can drive it daily because it gets 20 MPG or so.....

GD

lol curb appeal, and picking up jack-in-the-box girls......... ;)

i got my rx because it has a mix of many personalities

its smooth, quiet and decent looking

its also a terror in the mud (before rwd conversion), great ground clearance

its reliable

and with my mods its PLENTY fast

it has 4 doors, and gets 24+ mpg

and hell, its just a fun car

Why a soob?

Its easy...well, at least for me.

One time at a stoplight, this white bmw convertible pulls up.

He revs his engine, I rev my engine. The pavement was a bit wet, it had recently sprinkled.

Stop light turns green, I pop the clutch and speed away to the next stop light, while he is sitting there drying the pavement with the rubber of his rear wheels.

I pull into the corner gas station to get a little gas. He follows me, stops behind me and asks me what car that is. I told him its a Subaru XT6. We start talking about cars and stuff.

Yeah, I know, I would not have been able to beat a 325i or whatever on dry pavement, but hey, nobody looks at an NFL record and asks what the weather was like if it was a winning record.

Someday I'd like to soup it up so I CAN beat a beamer on dry pavement. hehe.