Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NWWO Run at Walker SEPT 11th

one eye

Anyone wanting to hit it up on the 12th of sept? Im going to try and fix a few things up to make mine functional again......

I had put the 11th but that is a Friday, So Saturday Sept 12th will be the real day...............

Jeff

post-1324-0-66158600-1437714712_thumb.jpg

Edited by one eye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would be interested in making the run but I don't know where in washington it is nor how severe the trail is going to be. I have the little hatch brat if you saw it at the west coast Subaru show it doesn't have very much ground clearance and I also have an 84 turbo brat with a 4 inch lift and super swampers but there's no engine in it right now and it's a matter of finances and time whether or not I'll have that ready in time it is a possibility but I don't know . I would however be interested in perhaps riding along with someone if I am unable to bring my own ride.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

I would be interested in making the run but I don't know where in washington it is nor how severe the trail is going to be. I have the little hatch brat if you saw it at the west coast Subaru show it doesn't have very much ground clearance and I also have an 84 turbo brat with a 4 inch lift and super swampers but there's no engine in it right now and it's a matter of finances and time whether or not I'll have that ready in time it is a possibility but I don't know . I would however be interested in perhaps riding along with someone if I am unable to bring my own ride.

Matt

Bump. Who's planning on making this run ?

Walker Offroad Vehicle Park is close to MtVernon near Big lake, you will need a discover pass, mud tires and a locked rear diff will do,

I may go and bring the Buggy, weather permitting, whose all going?

I'm planning on going and having a buddy bring another wheeler I bought this last weekend. The diff isn't welded, but I should have time to get it done before the trip. 

I haven't been up there in a while but it should be nice. Theres been some rain happening so the dust will be down, but not enough for gobbs of mud, at least that's what I'm expecting. Does anyone have info on the logging going on up there? Are they done yet?

Scott - I hope you bring that buggy, it looks really solid and I'd really like to see that thing hit the trails! I'm assuming you got it running by now, but why wouldn't it start at the show?

Josh

Sounds good guys. I talked to Jeff and he probably won't make it. My buddy who was gonna drive the wheeler I just bought backed out too, so it looks like its just the three of us. I don't think I'll have an extra rear axle with me, if either one of you guys have one please bring it just in case. See you tomorow

Josh

Yeah it was a good trip! I feel bad for Skylar though because he broke a rear axle bell while going up the first trail. Scotts buggy did really well all day but had some problems charging his battery later in the day. There has definitely been logging in the area and the upper half of lower mainline was closed, while the lower half has been clear cut now. I think the logging kept a lot of people away because the weather was perfect and I only saw two other groups on the trails. The last part of the day we went up Rons Run to take a look at the Egg Rock which has been surrounded by good size rocks. They also closed the mud trail around the egg rock, but it looks like they are OK with the turn-arounds that have developed on each side. 

Here's looking up

20150912_125821_zpswjvvxmov.jpg

20150912_125920_zpsa1jfn086.jpg

And down:

20150912_125944_zpsjpuhywcy.jpg

20150912_130003_zpsnmvamwe4.jpg

Yeah I was pretty bummed the whole ride home, just piss poor planning on my part, but on the other hand, I got home, went to a buddies and scored two spare axles and some ea82 rear axles to build some hybrids out of.

I also made some mounts for my 2 piece driveline & got that mounted up for less thing to catch or drag on.

Tomorrow I get paid so I'll get the exhaust done and routed nice and high for more clearance as well.

After that, I think I'll be ready to go. Maybe I'll try tahuya to break her in.