Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Barn Find in Argentina Gen1 Brat

…..18 years looking for a Brat in Argentina……i found this one in the countryside, 2 owners, 129000Km on it……I'm really happy!!!! Just put the key on it, and start running, almost 2 years of no use at all. Pre owner put a new battery, and that's all!!! We drove it home for 600 km without any problems!

19361622683_c6a186e195_b.jpgSin título by Martin Ariel Santos, en Flickr

19359970394_877f4d8479_b.jpgSin título by Martin Ariel Santos, en Flickr

19794535748_38f97e247d_b.jpgSin título by Martin Ariel Santos, en Flickr

• Like 8

NICE!!!

As others have said, protect the dashboard, it's when its outside being used that it gets it's sun.

You used to be able to buy dashmats here that were moulded to suit, but passenger airbags have killed that industry (plus better quality plastic, etc).

Martin , we think alike working our vintage vehicles.

But I'm a bit surprised at the load you have and I'm not seeing any protection for trim and your rear slider. Are you just going to use it for a while then restore? Just curious. If a lot of us here waited 18 years and found the baby you did I think most of us would be very conservative with it. But power to you man! Enjoy!

• Like 1

Martin , we think alike working our vintage vehicles.

But I'm a bit surprised at the load you have and I'm not seeing any protection for trim and your rear slider. Are you just going to use it for a while then restore? Just curious. If a lot of us here waited 18 years and found the baby you did I think most of us would be very conservative with it. But power to you man! Enjoy!

Thanks for all the comments!!!! I work doing irrigation systems and lawn care. I'm not going to use it for hard work. The pic you see, i did some wood for my fireplace at home, and i loaded the wood careful, i did it myself!!! I've been looooooooong time looking for her, so don't worry i'll be very careful!!

• Like 1