Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Headlight High Beam Problem - ONLY on the Left Side

:) I promise, I DID check the fuses - at the very beginning (when I just had high beam on the LH side and no low beam). But then I didn't check them again, until the very end. Sorry to waste everyone's time trying to diagnose something that had such a simple fix.  :(

I know... what really happened was that Originally the bulb's Socket was bad, but the Fuse was good; then when you cut its wires from the old Socket to put the new one, you blew the Fuse and did not check it again... until now; that's a normal thing to happen which only the Experience will taught you to know how to do these kind of repairs.

I bet that next time you'll be checking Fuses / relays \ Wirings in a different way.

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello....  just a quick note to the participants of this thread....    Thanks for saving me a bunch of money and time!  And specifically to xntryk1....  dude, don't feel bad.  I've been trying to track down this issue since I replaced my LH harness 2 months ago...  same thing... dim headlight, no highbeam.  Due to the fact that the bulb was on dimmly, I thought the fuses must be good and failed to spend the 30 seconds to check.....    duh. 

Best advice on this thread....  with electrical problems, treat every change like a fresh start, double checking all the little things.....

Once again, USMB saves me money!

Thanks!