Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Goodbye to a Guru - CTSUBA **** R.I.P.

We lost Charlie about 26 hours previous to this post. He went in Peace with his brother by his side.

I'll be sure to add more later but just wanted to post.

Charlie was one of a kind. Those of us who knew him will never forget him. I'm sure he's coasting in neutral saving gas on his destination. ????

Love ya, brother!!! ????

• Like 1

Cut and pasted from his obituary.

Charlie lived a simple and humble life on his terms. He was a gentle man of integrity, honesty, generosity and genuine kindness, with quick witted humor and insightful, intelligent perspectives on the world today. His positive attitude will always be an inspiration.

Cars and motorcycles were Charlie's passion and his busy days were spent making friends wherever his mechanic work took him. Perhaps many "new friends" wouldn't remember his name, but they would remember his bright and sincere smile and charming facial expressions. Charlie was a brilliant mechanic, and many called Charlie a "car guru." Acquiring a "Charlie car" meant you had a friend and mechanic for life. Happy times for Charlie were spent visiting and working with his car enthusiast friends or rescuing a stranded person with car troubles. With strong hands and a patient, tenacious attitude, (and wearing his infamous cover-alls) Charlie could build or repair any piece of machinery.

Charlie's family and friends are fortunate to have learned from him, laughed with him and loved him and we will all hold dear these treasured memories.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear, he was a good guy.  I'll never forget the first time I responded to his one of his craigslist ads for a subaru (long before I knew about USMB)  I get out there and find subaru heaven, fields of subarus as far as they eye could see.   He was definitely living the dream....RIP.

• 1 month later...

Ok yet another round and possibly the final real touch to Charlie. They held an auction today at his old property. Just had to post. Not sure so much why but I know there's many of us here who miss the guy. This board is thin on east coast presence as most folks here just don't link up as much as more friendly parts of the USA. But locally Charlie was truly loved. Keep it coasting , Charlie !!!! ????

Random sales off the top of my head from Charlie's auction today:

Unicorn early Impreza 2dr $675 I think - had bidders working it up, not bad expected rot spots 1.8 ran and drove onto the trailer.

2005-ish wagons looking great but needing something , one was a door trim piece , others light damage or ? All went under $650

1995-9 Legacy wagons most running from $100-$550

Motorcycles from $375 down , the top bidder got a Suzuki early-mid 60's two-stroke sweetie !! The rest were sketchy ... Good stuff picked thru months ago.

All the alloy wheels from the property were sold so that meant the loss of some old classic 13" and some 14" Legacy wheels.