Ultimate Subaru Message Board

rear inner/outer suspension arm replacement questions

My left rear wheel is riding on the inside of the tire badly. It ruins my tire pretty fast.So I want to fix the problem before I get new tires which I need badly.

I think the rear inner suspension arm is bent.But as usual I'm not sure.It seems like the hard part of fixing cars is figuring out what is causing the problem. How long does it take to replace an inner suspension arm? How much should I pay for the part? Are there any tricks or tip? Any input would be great.Thanks!!!

Who else has bent this part and how did you do it? Did it fix the problem?

I think I did mine by either; going through rough ruts too fast or, sliding the car sideways and something grabed that wheel or, over loading the car with heavy stuff. No single event stands out so I not sure how I did it.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the inner and outer control arm for $50 with the bearing.It took me about 3 hours to replace this part.I had difficulty removing the pin from the outer cv of the axle because this joint is where it was bent.I was unable to liberate the outer cv from the control arm because it was so bent so I had to replace the axle as well for another $40. 4 hours and 90 bucks later the problem seems to be solved. just FYI