Ultimate Subaru Message Board

There's a Snake in My Boot!

Hello, everyone

I am me. I just got a hold of a 1988 Subaru DL Sedan. Has a little over 100,000 miles (relatively speaking).
I wanted a subaru; I just really like subarus. I'm happy to be here!

For the moment I am looking for a good mechanic in Arizona who is good with these older subies. If anyone knows of any I'm all ears. 

Thank You! 

post-59464-0-99818800-1439062255_thumb.jpg

Edited by Casull

The fact of the matter is that you will probably spend more on hiring a mechanic than either what the car is worth or what you payed for it. Maybe you got lots of cash lying around, I don't know. If you do then good for you. Otherwise I recommend you learn wrenching.

• Like 1

Agree with MR_Loyale, i needed my clutch changed on my 89 GL and it was going to be $650, plus parts and seals and what not.. for $650 i can buy a couple parts cars(which is what i did) and removed the engine out of those to learn how to take it apart, obviously don't try it first on your actual car since you'll do a couple mistakes(if you've never worked on a car before), but i'd recommend finding a junked parts car and learning on that one and transfer the knowledge on your daily driver/actual vehicle...

Subarus are awesome reliable vehicles, just not so awesome on the specialized mechanics that only work on Subaru costs.

Btw nice looking sedan!! especially being a DL.

Edited by Subasaurus

Thanks guys! Doing things myself definitely is something I enjoy. This car has very little wrong with it collectively. In fact, only two things are wrong. AC has either a bad fuze or won't hang onto freon (need to take it in to find out), and there is a short somewhere that isn't constant (some times active, some times not). Doing some tests myself today to find where that is. Hopefully it isn't somewhere horrifying. Looking forward to learning a lot here and seeing what other people have! I definitely love the DL Sedan style. Especially this one in particular.

Edited by Casull
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...