Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

fuel troubles

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mtkirbymanjaro

mtkirbymanjaro

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ferndale

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:15 PM

i'm having troubles with the fuel pump i think. i'm the proud 1st time subaru owner. she's an '85 wagon, a little past her prime, but still solid in the 4x dept. i've changed fuel filters several times....brand new filter in today and still not pumping up to the engine....verified by observing fuel hoses at carb inlet....fuel pump fuse is good, she has gas....anybody care to give me a hint where to look for the fuel pump? in the tank maybe. anyhow, the car is broke and 35 miles from home...i'm too cheap to spend money on a tow truck, so i'm hoping for suggestions of how to get enough fuel flow to the carb for 35 miles of limping it home to the shop where i can open it up

#2 iluvdrt

iluvdrt

to lift, or not to lift

• Members
  • 798 posts
  • j-ville nc

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:51 PM

on my 85 the line in the tank clogged up. i couldnt get it unclogged, so i bought some extra fuel line and put in the top of the tank where the sending unit is. i routed it to the the pump and hooked it up. it works pretty good.

to check the tank line just unplug the bigger line going to the tank and the fuel pump. some fuel will run out of the lines, but wait and see if it has a steady flow coming out of the tank.

#3 mtkirbymanjaro

mtkirbymanjaro

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ferndale

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:56 PM

fuel pours from the filter "in" hose....is the fuel pump before or after the filter...or better yet...a general idea of where to find the fuel pump at all...thanks for the quick reply and the idea of just sub-arooing a alternate fuel line in though...kirby

#4 mtkirbymanjaro

mtkirbymanjaro

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ferndale

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:48 PM

still having fuel troubles....going to get a trailer. i'm still interested in any tips for fuel system stuff on my '85 wagon if someone is taking time to catch up yesterdays posts....kirby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users