Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anyone from Arizona?? That likes to wheel or loves subaru's?

Guest Rooinater

Guest Rooinater

Well i'll soon be a resident of arizona. due to where the marine corps has taken me. i'm in the search for a fourwheeling buddy, and to meet some new subaru lovers. i've been researching the trails in the area and there are some pretty good trails. alot i'm sure a subaru has never traveled. i'll be stationed in yuma, AZ on MCAS Yuma. the description of my car is below. and trust me i like to 4 wheel and see where i can go.

I'll be arriving around Sept. 24th of this year.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DaveAP

Hi Jared, hope you enjoy ariz. I live in N. Central AZ. Prescott. One mile high. Lots of places to ride up here. I don't know anything about your area except you better like the sand and heat. Yuma is about 5 hr. from here.

My '78 brown bomber is out of service right now (brat), but hope to get it back on the road soon. I 4 wheel it alot, but don't go extreme. I'd love to do the dual range change some day. I have a 80 or 81 wagon for a doner, but haven't got around to stripping it yet. I am running 205/14's with a 3" lift, and weber on the brat.

good luck, dave.

Guest Rooinater

Hey maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere and do some intermediate trails!

i have a large book of trails all through out AZ.

Guest DaveAP

Yeah, I'd go for that. I need to get that brat fixed. Hotter than hell yesterday. 104 here, Yuma was probably 115! Just a little trivia, every 1,000 ft elevation change equals 5 degrees temp. change. Ariz. is all about elevation.

Guest Rooinater

Cool. yesterday it was 97 degrees here in MCAS Cherrypoint, NC. but then they said with the 91% humidity added in to the equation, it was 110 degree heat index!! dear god i hate the humidity!! can't wait tell i'm down at my permanate duty station in AZ.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest azbret

Hey DaveAP & Rooinater: I live in Chandler... Maybe this fall we could get together and do something??? I have leads on all sorts of subie stuff if need parts..Phoenix has alot of subies just laying around..... I've got 5 myself, 3 runners, 2 parts......Bret

• 1 year later...

I'm looking for some Subaru parts azbret, I need a 4.11 or 4.44 geared automatic transmission from a 92-98 Subaru. I need to swap it for the tranny in my SVX. Think you can lay your hands on one of those for me? I'll also need the differentials and front CV axles. You can email me directly at toddmelcher@hotmail.com

Thanks

Todd

Hey DaveAP & Rooinater: I live in Chandler... Maybe this fall we could get together and do something??? I have leads on all sorts of subie stuff if need parts..Phoenix has alot of subies just laying around..... I've got 5 myself, 3 runners, 2 parts......Bret