Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did I Score?

I bought 2 hard copy service (shop) manuals a couple of months ago. They are for the year 1986. 

One volume is "Section 2 and 3" which covers the engine and transmission.

The other volume is "Section 4 and 5" which covers the mechanical components and body.

They are in unused condition. I paid less than $10 each.

Is that a good deal or are these readily available all over the place?

Subarule

I looked on the Internet to see what the volumes I don't have contained and they didn't have anything I was interested in.

I thought less than $10 for each was a great price, especially since they are in like-new condition. But I did not know how available they are "out there".

I am definitely happy!

The full set of 4 books was over $150.00 when I bought them from a Subaru dealer in 1988. I've seen them on ebay sometimes. I'd be happy.

Haha, Dave has been at this a long time! Ide have been 7 years old when he walked into that dealership and made his purchase.

Edited by ihscout54

DSC07044_zpsmurnqoh6.jpg

got these bibles in 2006 for A$150 delivered - all six volumes/chapters in hard plastic binders.

When you consider the hourly rate a mechanic or auto elec charges .....and even then, most don't know the details these revaeal ...such as EA82T ran different exhaust valves to NA

DSC07044_zpsmurnqoh6.jpg

got these bibles in 2006 for A$150 delivered - all six volumes/chapters in hard plastic binders.

When you consider the hourly rate a mechanic or auto elec charges .....and even then, most don't know the details these revaeal ...such as EA82T ran different exhaust valves to NA

I'm always leery when I leave my car at a shop for something or other, wondering how much they could possibly know about old Subarus. Like, how many guys working as mechanics in shops know anything about carburetors?