Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi,

I am new to Subaru and new to this board. I have leased Honda CRV's (3) for the past nine years and I am ready for a change.

I looked at the 2016 Subaru Forester yesterday after reading very positive reviews. I am planning to test drive one tomorrow.

A few questions if anyone can add their thoughts:

1. Any thought about comparison to the CRV? gas mileage; acceleration; suspension/ride.

2. We looked at the Touring model and a friend who has the Limited says his father in law prefers the ride/feel of the Limited

over the ride/feel of the Touring he just bought.

3. I know the Touring has larger tires; better stereo; push button start; HID headlights; more chrome/accents; integrated turn signals....

Any reason not to consider the Limited over the Touring???

4. Any thoughts about adding Eye Sight as an option?

Thanks for any help

Marty

martyap,

There are several YouTube video comparisons of Subies versus the CRV and many others with AWD. Watch a few of them, particularly the ones showing how the various AWD systems work on roller ramps, and then see if you're still interested in the CRV. Don't get me wrong. Honda makes a hell of a car, and I'd own one in a heart beat if their AWD system was as good as what Subaru makes.

As for EyeSight, I have no experience with it, so no comment.

Good Luck in your shopping.

Subaru has an excellent reputation of having a better AWD system then competition. That should be a big plus, considering you live in NY state. As stated Honda builds a really good vehicle, that is high on reliability, so does Subaru. I would guess pricing, fuel millage, performance, and suspension will be comparable.

Eye Sight is such a new feature, not many will know what it is here, or have experienced it. Unsure myself if I would want it. Would very heavy rain, or snow activate the sensors??