Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1995 legacy ej22, 189k.

Car is still throwing egr and mass air flow codes. It has been running rough but it would stay on and get me to and from work. I have a previous thread on here from a couple months ago.

I have cleaned the mass flow sensor and egr valve, replaced cracked air hoses and vacuum hoses. idle air control does not pass the tests offered by the Haynes manual.

after I replaced the air hoses, I cannot keep the car on, it wont even make it to the end of the driveway.

Money has been tighter than tight, but I have a bit of a bonus and a lot of overtime coming on this next check. I have not been able to find any parts at junkyards in my area, and am thinking I need to break down and spend some money if I want to drive my car.

Mass air flow sensor is my first thought (and the cheapest one), ebay has them at affordable prices. I know subarus are finicky about parts, anything I should look out for on this?

Then either idle air control or egr valve. again, ebay is most affordable by a long shot. since these are mechanical I cant see a problem buying discount parts.

I just want to get the car running for a while, so I can get to work and then get it to a mechanic in month or so when the money starts coming in again.

what are your thoughts on this?

thanks