Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New member in Portland, OR stopping by to say "hi"

Hey guys and gals! I just bought a 1983 GL Turbo wagon and since I am going to be asking a ton of questions about it, I figured I should introduce myself first. I'm a first time Subaru owner, but I've already learned a ton from lurking around on this forum before purchasing my wagon. It has some issues but I am excited to figure them out and learn how to fix them.

Also: it looks like I just missed all the fun at WCSS. Maybe I'll make it next year!

post-59778-0-29939700-1441126518_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That's my old wagon. You tried to call me once but my phone was on silent and i wasn't able to get a hold of you afterwards. I can text if that works better. Also have a picture album for it on facebook. It looks like the jack stands are on the pinch welds which tend to bend easy i would move them in farther so they are on the unibody frame rails. You going to drop in a 5 speed d/r?

That's my old wagon. You tried to call me once but my phone was on silent and i wasn't able to get a hold of you afterwards. I can text if that works better. Also have a picture album for it on facebook. It looks like the jack stands are on the pinch welds which tend to bend easy i would move them in farther so they are on the unibody frame rails. You going to drop in a 5 speed d/r?

I think I was at the auto parts store when you called back. I was looking for a vacuum modulator. I didn't save your number and I don't really answer my phone unless I know the number, especially if I'm busy. Text is fine too. Good to know about the jack stands. I actually bought the wagon because I wanted a 4wd auto, so no tranny swap for me. At least not any time soon. It needs a new turbo so that is first on the list. What I really want to know is how did you pass the visual DEQ inspection without a cat? Ooops. Never mind. Just found it. We were looking in the wrong place for it. :rolleyes: Edited by Kristina

When i brought it through DEQ it passed with really low emissions the 1st time through. You need a turbo off a ea82t it already has one on it now. Cat is part of the down pipe. It used to have a digital dash but it shorted out and caught on fire. Sat from 2004 to 2013 because of it and a bad fuel pump. I got it running the 2nd day i had it just by putting in a fuel pump.

• 4 weeks later...