Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do i have a bad fuel pump?

Tye

This is probably a stupid question but.....

I just about finished the ej22 swap into my loyale everything was going smoothly until my fuel pump stopped working again. the relay clicks when turned to start like it should but the fuel pump is not priming anymore. will i be needing to replace the fuel pump or is it more of a wiring issue?

also i do have spark so i don't think its an ecu issue.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Tye

It takes quite a while.  Scared I'll kill the battery before it starts kind of thing.  For my EA82s that is.  I've only had it happen 2 or 3 times since 1988.  I am not certain about the EJ.   And this only applies if everything checks out - spark, fuel, timing belt is correct.

I've also used a 1 second shot of carb cleaner into the intake to help test / clear this.  It usually takes a number of tries, but gradually, you get a sputter, then a little more, etc....

It takes quite a while.  Scared I'll kill the battery before it starts kind of thing.  For my EA82s that is.  I've only had it happen 2 or 3 times since 1988.  I am not certain about the EJ.   And this only applies if everything checks out - spark, fuel, timing belt is correct.

I've also used a 1 second shot of carb cleaner into the intake to help test / clear this.  It usually takes a number of tries, but gradually, you get a sputter, then a little more, etc....

that did the trick, thanks