Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subiefest 2015

• 3 weeks later...

It was, it was horrible. Even though I won the best "Old School" award, I probably wont go back. Get there at 7:00am to not even be judged until 4:00 PM and awards at 6:00PM after everyone left, literally. There were like 18 people there. Plus myself and my family all had to pay for "parking" each even though I also paid a $35 entry fee. $100, 5 hours of driving (in a BRAT with no AC), 11 hours of sitting in a parking lot (without a shelter for shade) dehydration and a nasty sunburn later I got a plaque in front of 18 people.

I wont be back.

It was, it was horrible. Even though I won the best "Old School" award, I probably wont go back. Get there at 7:00am to not even be judged until 4:00 PM and awards at 6:00PM after everyone left, literally. There were like 18 people there. Plus myself and my family all had to pay for "parking" each even though I also paid a $35 entry fee. $100, 5 hours of driving (in a BRAT with no AC), 11 hours of sitting in a parking lot (without a shelter for shade) dehydration and a nasty sunburn later I got a plaque in front of 18 people.

I wont be back.

I warned you about the sunscreen. :-) I went with my BRAT two years ago. It was way too hot for me and the whole setup was, IMHO, weird. I figured I was just too old. LOL.

Here's a review thread for Subiefest 2015 at Nasioc:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2748922

I like the part were the honest reviews of Subiefest started disappearing from the fb page <_< .

Reading this thread really makes me appreciate the staff and organizers at WCSS, even when the power went out in the entire city, they managed to keep things rolling. Keep up the good work guys!

• Like 3