Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat cv-joint/driveshaft

Hello!

New member here! : )

I wonder if Leone cv- joint fits in the Brat front ones? Are the back driveshafts same as the front?

When I drive in 80km/hours, the steering wheel starts to vibrating.

I am from Scandinavia, and have little education in english, so sorry if I am not spelling so well.

What year brat are you working on? The fronts do not interchange with the rear. If its an EA81 (1982+) car then the leone axles should be a match. But I am not familure with your market. Your vibration could be a tire or rim. Axles can vibrate at sped but usually under load, like hard acceleration or engine breaking.

It is from -86 EA81. I have checked the tires and rims. I hear a crackling sound when set it in gear, lifted up. It is from the right side. It is more vibrating under load, just like you say. Vibrating much. Ok, Do you know what year/model of leone? Thanks for the answer.

Inspect the inner double offset joint (Inner CV) I have had similar issues and surprisingly that was the culprit not the outer as you would think more likely, Seems because they can last longer the outer CV's get replaced but the inners just get refitted more often than not and they give exactly that sort of sympton when they start to fail.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, It was the from the tire! I had it in for balancing and checked in the "tireshop" <_< . Adjusting the steering (toe-in toe-out etc). I byed a CV-axle/joint, and installed It. Nothing happened before I changed the front tires tho the back. Then at last, the vibrating was gone! :)